Shred the Waves of Disruption
It looks like 2023 is shaping up to be an Endless Summer of disruption. In the past few months, we have seen world-shaking announcements in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Augmented Reality (AR), Healthcare, Energy, and Fintech/Crypto. And this is just a few of the 10 Disruptive Waves we highlighted for organizations to monitor back in 2018.
Forward-thinking innovation leaders are realizing that, “This is Our Time.” The world is catching up to what they’ve known all along – that technology continues to surge forward and is changing markets, customer behaviors, and expanding what’s possible.
To that end, this release is designed with our customers’ needs at the forefront. We’ve been hard at work, striving to provide you with the tools you need to not just ride, but master, the waves of disruption, because innovation is too important to be left to chance.
Better Tools to Help You Manage Your Pipeline
To help manage the surf, our team spent critical time and energy working on upgrading some of our core capabilities. These enhancements and updates span across our entire platform and include:
- In the “Update Assignees…”modal, when removing evaluators that have open or completed action items, average scores will now be updated to reflect changes and action items will show as canceled, instead of deleted.
- Updates to the designs for the edit and configuration modals for action items to better surface critical data.
- An enhanced rule engine UI in addition to several new rule capabilities and conditions including, but not limited to, creating a new team workspace to events triggered from the stage the idea is in.
- Ability to quickly duplicate steps allowing you to copy action item assignees, templates, due dates, notifications, and evaluation results. (CER25995) & (CER26092)
- The ability to export site and system setting logs to track changes made by users and the date the changes were made.
Chips Voting: Support for Multiple Rounds
Chips and simple voting are great tools to engage your employee base, gather feedback, and track idea progress.
We have enhanced voting to allow for more of an iterative, continuous workflow. As an example, admins can now do a reset, which will reallocate the votes back to employees and remove all chips or votes from the individual records. When doing this, the system will retain a history of the original allocation, which will be available within the voting export.
AI: Even More Ways to Brainstorm & Develop Ideas
Brightidea is no stranger to AI and we have been utilizing the tech to fuel our Userhome recommendation engine and our Top Ideas meritology. And more recently, back in our fall release, we integrated OpenAI within our memo solution.
And we have not stopped yet. This release we are excited to continue to reveal opportunities to ensure that innovation has the best chance to thrive, using AI to enhance several key areas within our platform.
- AI is now embedded in the submission form. Use it to help generate a description right from your title, build out the maturity of your idea, update grammar and spelling, and add a summary.
- Utilize the companion AI within Whiteboard, by providing a specific prompt and task, then watch the ideas generate into stickies for your team to build off, interact with, score, and more.
- And finally, we now have the ability to surface AI-generated images in the platform in common areas from the initiative homepage to idea record images. (CER24937)
Whiteboard: Create Custom Templates, Sharing, and Export Updates
Well, you asked, we delivered. We enhanced several key areas of the Whiteboard platform to help you more efficiently work, navigate and share content, including:
- You can now create and share custom templates with teammates across your platform. (CER24729) & (CER25300)
- Ability to export content to PNG or PDF.
- Send a link to a specific object for easier wayfinding. (CER24736) & (CER24792)
- Zoom options to fit all content within the screen and navigate throughout your board.
Fun fact: the surfer featured in the image at the top of this post is actually our Product Lead for Whiteboard, thanks Miguel! 🤙🏻
A Few More Odds and Ends…
Additional tools and capabilities we don’t want to leave out include:
- Continued work against View Idea 3.0, to update the functionality of our record view across all applications.
- Incremental updates to the people pillar and licenses pages, surfacing all license types and last logins.
- And finally, we closed nearly 100 bugs in our backlog stretching across our entire platform working on anything from image and video upload enhancements to 508 compliance work.
Stay Balanced and Ready
Right now, in a time of fast-paced change and rapid technological advancements, those that can harness the power of innovation will end up on top. As these disruptive waves arrive, we, at Brightidea, will do everything we can to ensure you and your teams are prepared and ready.
Surfs up and stay bright, 🏄