Brightidea Mobile 5 Launches For iOS and Android Devices
May 20, 2014 by Business Wire
New app gives employees powerful new tools to capture insights and respond to innovation challenges on-the-go.
Brightidea, the leading software provider for corporate innovation teams, today announced a major release of the Brightidea Mobile app for the iOS and Android platforms. Redesigned from the ground up, the new mobile application extends Brightidea’s market-leading web platform to enable employees to engage within innovation challenges from their mobile devices.
“Twentieth century companies are failing to keep pace with younger, more nimble startups. Just look at Nest, Instagram and LinkedIn and the markets they are disrupting,” said Matt Greeley, founder and chief executive of Brightidea, Inc. “Creativity doesn’t always happen in cubicles. The release of Brightidea Mobile 5 gives companies the tools they need to tap the full potential of their workforce. Allowing employees to: record customer insights, solve technical challenges, and collaborate on innovation projects, even when they are away from their desk. This is a fundamentally new way to innovate.”
The new app has seen phenomenal growth and engagement with active user counts doubling every 15 days since the launch of a limited private beta earlier this year. At the current growth rate, the app will overtake its predecessor in less than three months. Demand has been particularly strong in Asia where mobile devices often outnumber people over 2:1. With today’s launch, all Brightidea customers have access to the upgrade and can activate the app by speaking with their Account Manager.
“We’re getting very positive feedback on the Brightidea Mobile 5 app from our employees. In particular, we’re excited about the new user interface that makes it easy to navigate user comments and vote on idea submissions,” said Lena McIntyre, Sr. Project Specialist at Nielsen.
With Brightidea Mobile 5 organizations can:
- Alert Employees to New Innovation Challenges – instantly notify hundreds or thousands of employees and crowdsource solutions to pressing business challenges.
- Capture Inspiration when it Strikes – easily capture insights, ideas and solutions in multiple forms through voice memos, voice-to-text, text entry, photos, or using an electronic sketch pad.
- Facilitate Real-Time Collaboration – enable employees to stay in the loop with activity feeds and instantaneous notifications for messaging, tag alerts, and subscriptions.
- Leverage Experts to Short-List Concepts – accelerate the prioritization of novel concepts with subject matter experts and business leaders.
- Get Started Fast – brand the app with self-service capabilities, connect to single-sign-on (SSO) and leverage a robust set of enablement tools to get employees on-boarded and adding value.
Get more information on Brightidea Mobile 5 at brightidea.com/mobile5
Brightidea’s mission is to provide every company with a better way to innovate. Brightidea believes the old model of corporate labs and R&D-centric innovation is outdated and too inefficient to keep up with the rate of technological progress in the 21st century. Through crowdsourcing on their internal network, companies can maximize the creative capacity of their employees and dramatically improve their return on innovation investments. Based in San Francisco, Brightidea has worked with over 300 leading corporate innovators, including world-class brands like Adobe, Bayer, Chevron, General Electric, MasterCard, SAP, Sony and many others. For more information about Brightidea, visit www.brightidea.com
Julia A. Glenister